Have a problem with your project? Drop a stitch you can't pick up? Just want to have someone available that can help in case a problem arises? Come by during our Knitting ER Hours! Every Thursday from 3 to 5pm we will have help available to soothe your knitting woes. $10 per visit.
Stitch-N-Bitch is held Wednesday evenings from 5:10 till 7pm, and Thursdays from 2-4pm for the summer (May through October). It is a social knit night so come forge some new friendships and get some knitting done while you're at it! There is a $5 fee which can be paid upon arrival, or you can purchase 5 visits for $20!
- Cozy Squozy Cat Class -
Come in and learn to make these adorable kitties as ornaments! The class will be held September 2nd from 11am to 4pm and is $35. It includes the pattern, yarn, and a donation to NYSAVE (www.nysave.org) which provides emergency funds for pets in need. Class requires size 1 double pointed needles. Needles are available in store for purchase if you need them as well.As my own kitty has been recently diagnosed as a diabetic, this is something close to my heart. Fortunately I have the funds to provide the care he needs, but couldn't imagine a situation in which I couldn't and had to make that tough choice, so naturally I'd love to raise some money for those less fortunate than I in similar situations.
- Half Moon Tee KAL - The Half Moon Tee is a crop top that we can easily modify to be full length if a crop is not your jam! Cast On Party is September 14th from 10:30 to 1:30, with two Check Ins on October 12th and November 16th from 10:30 to 12:30, and the Finished Object Celebration is December 14th from 5 to 6pm. We will have refreshments available at all meetings. The KAL fee is $25 which includes your pattern, plus yarn. Yarn is sock weight, 3 colors, and between 3 and 6 skeins depending on size and length chosen. We have plenty of colors and dyers to choose from and are always happy to help you pick colors!
Classes with Nancy
You've all asked for some focused classes for things like shawls, sweaters, and socks - and we listened! Nancy Vandivert will be holding classes here on select Saturday's for all of those things!
Skills required (except for Learn to Knit and Learn to Crochet): Casting on, knitting, purling, and binding off.
Current Classes offered:
- Learn to Knit - The first Saturday of every month from 10:30 to 12:30pm. (Unless listed otherwise in the calendar!!) $40 per class, includes supplies. Current dates are June 1st, July 13th, and August 3rd.
- Learn to Crochet - The first Saturday of every month from 12:45 to 2:45pm. (Unless listed otherwise in the calendar!!) $40 per class, includes supplies. Current dates are June 1st, July 13th, and August 3rd.
- 1 Color Brioche - Single Class, offered once. June 8th from 10:30am to 12:30pm. $40, requires yarn purchase from The Black Purl.
- 2 Color Brioche - Single Class, offered once. June 15th from 10:30am to 12:30pm. $40, requires yarn purchase from The Black Purl.
- Learn to Knit a Sweater - Series of 3 classes. July 20th, 27th, and August 10th from 10:30am to 12:30pm. $100 for the series, requires yarn purchase from The Black Purl.
Please refer to the calendar below for a schedule of classes with Nancy. We would prefer if you sign up in advance as seats are limited to 6 for these classes. Classes that are full will be marked as such on the calendar.